General Terms and Conditions
1. By making a booking with us you agree to the terms and conditions listed below.
2. By booking with us , you are agreeing to employ the services of an independent ski instructor. Who are fully qualified to undertake the services of ski instruction on and off piste. And covered by an appropriate third a party liability insurance.
3. All prices quoted are for ski instruction at a resort quoted in your booking. You must arrange and pay separately for all other potential costs connected with the lesson(s) booked, for example any equipment hire, lift passes, accommodation and insurance.
4. Your contract is with the independent instructor named on your booking.
5. Skiing and snowboarding are hazardous activities and you undertake them at your own risk. You must obtain insurance for your skiing lessons. The Provider will not be responsible for death or any injury, losses or accidents however they may occur during lessons, other than where the accident is caused by the Provider’s own negligence. Instructors will decide what they consider in their sole discretion appropriate terrain for the level of skiers or boarders in their lessons. This may be on or off the piste. You must ensure that you, and everybody you book on behalf of, has insurance to cover this eventuality, or you must decline from going off piste. If you or those for whom you have booked do so without such insurance, it will be due to your own negligence. If you or any of your party become uncomfortable, you must tell the instructor immediately so they can take immediate action to reassure and keep you safe.
6. There may be circumstances in which we need to contact you during your holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have your current and up to date contact details, by a means where you will receive and notice our messages and attempts to contact you instantly.
Client Code of Conduct
7. All persons who use our services must always act in a safe and appropriate manner, both on and off the snow. Situations can develop for the worse very quickly in mountainous environments and without any prior indication that they might happen. We reserve the right to remove and exclude anyone from lessons without warning (and without giving any reason at the time) to those who are not adhering to relevant safety guidelines and/or directions from instructors. This can be expected where you are in any way endangering yourself or others, where the experience of other participants is being adversely affected, or where physical or verbal abuse of any other person is evident or suspected, and whether or not you believe exclusion is acceptable or not. In such a circumstance you will not be entitled to any refund.
8. Such situations may include but are not limited to the following:
· a. not adhering to the safety guidelines mentioned by the instructor and/or using your common sense to keep yourself safe;
· b. not following directions given to you by the instructor;
· d. skiing under the influence of alcohol or any drug that may adversely affect your physical coordination or mental state;
· e. putting any other person at risk of injury and/or in danger; and
· f. not following government safety protocols.
9. You remain responsible at all times for the conduct of persons for whom you book services of a Provider.
10. If the resort is open (or partly open) the services will be delivered as planned to the extent available. We the instructors will use the open areas available to deliver the services in a manner that ensures your safety.
16. Interruptions in resort operations and how resorts choose to administer their businesses are completely outside of our control. Where decisions made by resorts impact usual delivery of our services, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement, compensation or discount. Such situations may include but are not limited to the following: Technical malfunction, strike, adverse weather conditions, excess or insufficient snow cover, power failure, disease outbreak, epidemic, resort closure and/or volume restrictions on visitor numbers. Upon request, we will provide a letter to your insurer to assist you with your insurance claim. We will not be liable to you for any such event, howsoever arising.
11. In no event shall the Provider of the services be held responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations where it was legally and/or physically impossible for the lessons to be performed, such as an event covered by the term ‘Act of God’ (e.g. severe weather, volcano eruption, earthquake) or events such as war, epidemic, disease control measures implemented by the ski resort, government intervention (including deleted legislation and executive orders, refusal of licence to operate for political reasons, travel restrictions), strike, criminal and/or tortious conduct on your part or any other event beyond the control of the supplier (a “Force Majeure Event”).
· a. We shall notify the other party as soon as is practicable following commencement of a Force Majeure Event.
· b. It is understood that we will use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices within the snow sports industry to resume performance as soon as and if practicable in the circumstances as they exist at the time;
· c. in the event of a Force Majeure Event, and where we are unable to resume performance in time for the contract to be fulfilled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
12. Payment in full is required at the time of booking In the event of cancellation by you for whatever reason, reimbursement will be calculated as follows:
· a. 45 days or more (before the first lesson commences) we will refund 100% of the lesson price
· b. 44 – 15 days (before the first lesson commences) we will refund 50% of the lesson price
· c. 14 days or less (before the first lesson commences) there will be no refund available.
13. If you are unable to attend the lesson on the day, we will not issue a refund for the missed lesson or reschedule. We are happy to provide a letter for your insurance company.